Special Education News and Information
Dear ANHS Families,
We will be representing the special education parent community through PTSA.
We will be attending monthly Special Education Community Advisory Committee (CAC) meetings, and sharing news from around our district. Parents are warmly welcomed to attend these meetings. There is usually an educational speaker and it is a great chance to meet with other parents and special education administrators.
Thank you from your Special Ed parent representatives,
Aurora Pellecchia Knight - email@example.com
- Click here for the October CAC Meeting Information
- The National PTSA Reflections program includes a Special Artist category. Click here for more information. Entries for the 2014-2015 Program are due at ANHS on October 13, 2014. More information about Reflections can be found on the Reflections page.
- October is Dyslexia Awareness Month - There is a special event on October 23 at 7:00 PM in San Clemente on the topic. Click here for more information.
- 2014 Bank of America Challenger Classic - Saturday, November 1, 2014 - Angel Stadium - Click here for more information.
- Community Resources and Transition Workshop - Thursday, November 6, 2014 - 6:30 - 8:30 PM - CUSD Board Room - Click here for more information
Special Education Community Advisory Committee presents
Thursday, March 12, 2105 - 7:00-8:30 PM - CUSD Education Center
Symposium and Resource Fair" - Thrsday, March 19, 2015
6:00-8:30 PM - CUSD Education Center Click here for more information.
What is CAC?
CAC is a collaborative partnership of parents, educators, and community members.
The purpose of the CAC is:
To review the local plan, which describes the local policies, procedures and programs that are consistent with state laws, regulations, and policies for Special Education. Across California, every SELPA (SELPA) is required to establish a CAC.
Provide parent education opportunities, give families an opportunity to communicate with district administrators, connect with other parents, and share resources and support.
Support activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs.
CAC meetings are open to anyone. Each school should have a parent rep as part of the PTSA executive board. This parent rep attends these CAC meetings, and represents that school community.
CAC meets 9:30 AM
at the CUSD Administrative Center
33122 Valle Road, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Click here for 2014 - 2015